Introduce yourself

Talk about anything and everything related to Yousician Guitar here

Moderator: R0

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby Beardownman » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:29 pm

Hi,
I have just subscribed to Yousician from Guitar Bots. I hope to see some familiar faces and make new friends. Only learning guitar for self satisfaction,
I should of learnt many years ago!
Beardownman

Hello from Wales!!!

Postby The Grey Strummer » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:11 pm

Hi ...
My name is Phil, and I've just joined the site. I'm a 58 year old male, who has added learning the guitar to my "bucket list" last year.
Look forward to using this tutorial system.
:D
Live as if you were to die tomorrow .... learn as if you were to live forever.
Mahatma Gandhi.
The Grey Strummer

Postby Turnall » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:33 am

Hi all. Allen here, 49. Guitar players are in my family and for some reason I just never even picked one up. Well, I decided to buy one when my grandson was born last July. I've been playing ever since. So much to learn. Biggest problem is changing chords quickly, but its coming around. I like the site (was here before I went over to GuitarBots and like it because I don't have to wait 12 hrs to get responses on my playing). I will probably go ahead and spring for the premium, as a small business owner I know you have to have revenue to make a business run. Anyway, hope to play with you guys and girls and learn along beside you... 8-)

Allen
Allen

Takamine KC70
Fender Strat (Custom)
Level 7
Badges: 3 Gold
Turnall

Postby threedeweys » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:05 pm

Threedeweys here. I'm 60, semi-retired, never tried learning to play any musical instrument and the last music lesson I took was in Grade 6. I've always admired musicians and songwriters. I've now written 3 songs and I hope to learn enough here so that I can play along to them one day. A long ways to go, but I'm up to level 3 after signing up for a month Premium in nearly April. I've placed one of my songs on youtube...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjUED1Np-a0

Having a lot of trouble with changing chords but will keep at it. Lot of fun learning to play quicker tempo songs like Ode To Joy which I just completed perfectly for the first time.
threedeweys

Postby xFluff » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:01 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Natalia (you can call me Nat) and I'm 22. I live in Valencia, Spain (I think there aren't many Spaniards here).

I play the guitar since the last year. I wanted to discover a different way of learning, and well, here I am. I have a classical guitar (my small treasure), but someday I will buy a electric one (I love rock and metal).

I hope we get along well and learn about this great instrument :) .

See you!
Inside my heart is breaking
My make-up may be flaking
But my smile still stays on
xFluff

Postby Mimmsy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:05 pm

Hello! My beloveds have tagged me with the nickname of Mimmsy. I come from a pretty musical family were most of them play at least one instrument and sing. I seem to walk to a different beat and always embraced my inner dancer. I never believed in myself or my abilities to learn an instrument. My ex gave me a guitar so now I am going to take this opportunity to do something for me. I also am a closet lyricist and love the idea of being able to put my own words into my own music just for me. Hope to meet some of you in the coming days on the game floor.

Music is moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and charm and gaiety to life and everything. PLATO
Mimmsy

Postby induhgo » Mon May 04, 2015 12:10 pm

Hey all!

Induhgo here! I've been making music for about 3 years now. Very consistently. I started off making beats on Logic Pro 9 and then once I got tired of banging on the keyboard to find cool sounds I decided to learn how to play the piano. That has been successful so far with the help of many YouTube teachers! :D

I always thought about getting RockSmith but never pull the triggered. Then one day I found Yousician. I haven't started yet but I've had my guitar for maybe a year and I finally want to get started! I can't wait.

Feel free to check me out at www.induhgo.com ! :D :D :D HAPPY GUITAR PLAYING FRIENDS!
induhgo

Postby Dudeistmonk » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:38 am

hi,

I am the Dudeist Monk. Obviously I am not a golfer. I picked up guitar again after suffering a nervous breakdown. I had played a little in some ragged punk like bands in high school. Having a great time with yousician! I have both a Squier Bullet Strat as well as Art & Lutherie Acoustic. I love Squier Guitars and plan on getting a few of the higher up models as I go.
Yousician Piano Level 5
Yamaha DGX 200 Keyboard
Dudeistmonk

Postby Refractions » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:40 pm

Hi, Refractions is my nickname. Real name is Iain.

Been playing guitar on and off for past 3 years. Only recently decided to get serious and found GuitaBots.

Currently have 6 guitars, but planning on more :)

Build my own pedals under the business name of ICMPedals. Check me out on facebook and twitter ;)

Loving Yousician, and subscribed to premium after 1 day :)

Currently have it installed on a macbook, iPad and a windows pc.
Guitar level: 8
Bass level: 5
Refractions

Postby Johnn18 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:51 pm

Hi my name is John and I am 67 years old and live in the UK. I bought myself a classical guitar a few years ago but never got round to practicing much. It is quite a challenge as I have a missing ring finger on my left hand so awkward to reach some chords. Still never too old too learn and I like a challenge. This looks a great programme by the way.
Johnn18

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion GUITAR