Introduce yourself

Talk about anything and everything related to Yousician Guitar here

Moderator: R0

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby orangefruitbat » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:43 pm

Started to teach myself classical guitar while helping my daughter play. Started with Yousician to help round out my playing. Definitely wish there was a finger-picking track (I've been playing virtually everything except for the chords without a pick). Also wish I could have the board display on its side so that it looked more like sheet music since I'm much more comfortable with conventional notation than tabs. Better yet would be traditional notation option.

Despite my complaints, I'm enjoying myself tremendously and am definitely improving using this method. Eventually I hope to be (semi) competent in a number of guitar styles.
orangefruitbat

Postby Treker » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:20 pm

Hi, I'm Karen and I'm just starting to learn how to play the guitar. I'm looking online for guitar lessons and trying out several. Is this one a game? I'm not really sure about it. Any brief info on it. Is it worth the $10 a month? :?:
Treker

Postby Faizan » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:17 pm

Hi everyone ,

I am Faizan, bought my guitar last year, but like all of you didnt get enough time and will to learn, but this game looks good specially because of its feed back system. I would love to have friends here to keep my interest alive :)

Good luck everyone
Faizan

Postby Garyallen49 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:07 pm

Hi All

Have been self learning got a few months now. I hope this app might improve my playing. :roll:
Garyallen49

Hi I am from Egypt

Postby Hanigamal » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:57 pm

Hi everyone, my name is Hany and i am a full time Guitar teacher. I love Yousician, its the bedt app i have for guitar, and my students love it. I play about 1 or one and half hours with it every day.

Thanks Yousician
Hanigamal

Postby Maxamillio » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:15 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to play guitar for a few years (adult learner). Just joined yousician and so far I am liking it. I am actually enjoying playing again and hope this makes me better ==
Maxamillio

Postby richardpgriffith@gmail.com » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:52 pm

hello everyone. My names Rick and I started playing a few years ago. As a kid I played trumpet, coronet, but learning the guitar was always in the back of my head and something that I promised myself to do one day.

Long story short, a guy at work was selling his used but never used Samick D5 acoustic and I bought it.

Really, really love the guitar and I've been slowly picking it up, taking lessons and practicing, practicing, practicing. I had a young guitar teacher tell me that even picking up the guitar to play for a few minutes each day is better than nothing. And I have to agree.

I try and practice for about an hour/day and so far I've been making remarkable progress. For me anyway!

Early influences were George Harrison, John Lennon, Jimmy Page (love his acoustic work), and having the ability to play a few of those old songs is amazing.

The biggest thing it's done is give me a shot of self esteem. For years I hesitated learning, fearful that it would be too hard, I would fail and then feel even worse.

In retrospect, it is hard, VERY hard but when it sounds correct and you know that YOU're doing it....well, that makes me appreciate it even more.

Regards,

Rick
richardpgriffith@gmail.com

Postby luxor11@gmail.com » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:13 pm

Hello,
I'm Luciano from Italy!
I am an aerospace engineering student and I love playing guitar so yousiscian is great and it gave me new big motivations to study and play the guitar!

Thank you very much!!! :D
luxor11@gmail.com

Postby greyatlas » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:22 am

Hi everyone. I'm greyatlas. I'm a vocalist in a band who decided to start learning guitar (seriously) just recently.
greyatlas

Postby cplovato@yahoo.com » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:11 pm

Hi, I am Marissa and I am very new. I just took my first lesson and it was great. I have seen tremendous improvement in my guitar skills. I am eager to jump to my next lesson tomorrow. :D
cplovato@yahoo.com

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion GUITAR