Talk about anything and everything related to Yousician Guitar here
Is there a way to remove the bouncing ball. And with the new songs I hope there are 'Jam' along sessions and ways to print the tabs. Guess I could get the song tabs else-where. My guitar teacher just doesn't like Yousician at all, I think it is great for now.
They are currently beta testing some new learning options, one of which is to remove the ball. Hopefully it will not be too long before they finalise these options and make them generally available.
By almejitachaplin
I want to know how made ejercices on the app if is possible, thanks
Interested in hearing your guitar teacher's reasons for not liking yousician.

I can see benefits and issues with the app. Overall its useful, but also very restricting in my opinion.
The bouncing ball doesn't allow any leeway in adapting a song, playing around the beat, exploring ideas.
The choice of songs in guided lessons and in the progression of the app tend to be more weighted towards electric guitar and playing with a pick.
The app gives you new songs until you get white stars then tends to forget them and push you on to the next song too quickly.

But, if you go "off piste" it is useful to go into the wider song selection, back over the lower levels, reinforce existing skills, really "go for gold". It is a much slower level of progression than using the guided lessons each day, but it gives a better grounding.
I like the cord trainers, scales etc.

I didn't read tabs before. My previous instrument was the flute. I read standard notation.
Using the mix of standard notation and tabs yousician has taught me a new way to read music.
I like how it takes me up the neck to different frets, eg I ain't got nobody, and shows how to use the whole range of notes.

But, I also use serval books, the usual hal leonard etc, to play from sheet music, develop my skills following a book, and I play around with ideas, try out weird cord combos, play technique exercises I learn on YouTube.

I think yousician is very useful but only as one tool in the learning toolbox.
anna edgar wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:54 pm
Interested in hearing your guitar teacher's reasons for not liking yousician.

I can see benefits and issues with the app. Overall its useful, but also very restricting in my opinion.
The bouncing ball doesn't allow any leeway in adapting a song, playing around the beat, exploring ideas.
The choice of songs in guided lessons and in the progression of the app tend to be more weighted towards electric guitar and playing with a pick.
The app gives you new songs until you get white stars then tends to forget them and push you on to the next song too quickly.

But, if you go "off piste" it is useful to go into the wider song selection, back over the lower levels, reinforce existing skills, really "go for gold". It is a much slower level of progression than using the guided lessons each day, but it gives a better grounding.
I like the cord trainers, scales etc.

I didn't read tabs before. My previous instrument was the flute. I read standard notation.
Using the mix of standard notation and tabs yousician has taught me a new way to read music.
I like how it takes me up the neck to different frets, eg I ain't got nobody, and shows how to use the whole range of notes.

But, I also use serval books, the usual hal leonard etc, to play from sheet music, develop my skills following a book, and I play around with ideas, try out weird cord combos, play technique exercises I learn on YouTube.

I think yousician is very useful but only as one tool in the learning toolbox.
He/she is a guitar teacher not a song teacher. Yousician doesnt teach you to play guitar, it teaches you to play a song on a guitar. Different things. Same song, in yousician and lets say in a guitar pro (or just as a pdf) I can play along in yousician but playing it from a tabs is much harder. So it makes everything too easy to actually learn anything. (IDK does it make sense, just my opinion)

Hello. I'm a casual player. Since recently, I'm sh[…]

PC as an amplifier

There are many software amps ;-) But you should ge[…]

I think they lost their Mission. Without the song[…]

After long hours trying and trying again I have no[…]