Want to know about updates and announcements, this is the right place.
By BrunoC6

Yousician update - version 2.58

Hello fellow Yousicians!

This week Yousician will be updated to version 2.58. The update will be available for desktop users (Windows and MacOS) on Monday 15th October and later on the same week for mobile users (iOS and Android).

Summary

Yousician 2.58 includes a few changes for our Piano users, new famous songs, bug fixes and other general improvements.

New songs for Premium+ users
This week, we added quite a few songs to our constantly growing library of famous songs. These include songs made famous by
  • The Beach Boys: Good Vibrations
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers: Dani California
  • Steely Dan: Dirty Work
  • and plenty more...
You can see the entire library of famous songs by tapping See More near the Famous Songs row in the home screen. Make sure to come back regularly to see what's new. Couldn't find your favorite song in Yousician? Request it here! We'll try our best to add the most voted songs.

New features and changes
  • Piano - When playing songs you will notice several changes to the color scheme. These will help you focus more on what is important and less distractions in the background. Let us know how you like it!

• Piano - There is now a new and improved way to find the correct hand position before playing the song in full. Please note this feature is being tested and will not be available for all users right away.

Bug fixes and technical improvements
  • Improved guided lesson warm-up section. We improved the algorithm for this section, so now the songs will vary more.
  • It was found that after leaving the payment screen, the app lost the ability to auto-rotate based on the device's position. This has now been fixed.
  • There was a slight misalignment of the main selection tab in the leaderboards. This should no longer happen.

We hope that you will enjoy the new version of Yousician. Please leave your comments and feedback below. We would love to hear from you!

Keep on rocking!
Your Yousician team
By mekss
A comprehensive list of all new songs instead of "plenty more" would still be nice.

Also I think there should be some kind of catalogue of all premium songs in the app, instead of a flat list. For example an option to list all artists and then all songs from that artist.
I have several issues with the new update. The lighter background colour while playing is worse with the new lighter note colours, I like the old theme MUCH better. I also dislike the light, pastel, colours of the notes. I now find it very challenging to distinguish between green for thumb and the blue for ring finger as on my screen they look VERY similar and it's really messing with my brain and making playing difficult (I'm still an early learner and rely on the colours a lot).

Another thing that seems odd is that now when I select play/perform it no longer requires me to calibrate the keys allowing me to place my hands in the correct position BEFORE the song starts playing. I have to scramble to place my hands correctly as soon as the song starts and hope there's a bit of an intro else I simply won't have time.

I am NOT a fan of this new update. I would REALLY like to be able to select the viewing theme I prefer to use, I prefer the one from the previous version.

I tried to upload a photo of what it looks like on my screen but I got the following error "Error parsing server response.".
By nocnyptak
Re piano update

It seems that devs misunderstood the issue: many piano players struggle in Practice Mode because of dark background so we were longing to lighten Practice Mode (not Play Mode) up.

Piano players struggle to distinguish ledger notes because of ledger lines too short (ie the note head relatively big) + background very dark + the flow/motion of notes etc. Try middle C in Practice Mode - you often have to stop and DECIPHER.

At the moment the new color scheme brings faded Play mode (not comfortable for me at all) and no improvement for clarity in Practice Mode.

Give us option to custmize color scheme. Each of us may have different needs depending on circumstances.

We would also love an AUDIO SETTINGS shortcut/button available in the song (menu). It's a pain when you have to leave the song to check the driver etc.
By danilo bencke
The new collors in Piano are terrible!! Green and Blue are almost the same, these pastel collors are confusing!! Give us the option to choose the collors like they were before!! Please!! Im totaly lost now!!
Yousician update - version 2.51

Finally decided to see what the deal was with this[…]

Will we eventually do the same?

Searching music in the library...

It's possible that they might have changed the son[…]

agree and youtube can only solve parts of the iss[…]