Want to know about updates and announcements, this is the right place.
By YS15

Yousician update - version 2.57

Hello fellow Yousicians!

Yousician will be updated to version 2.57 this week. Desktop users (Windows and MacOS) will have access to the update on Monday 1st October, and mobile users (iOS and Android) a few days later.

Summary
This update brings improvements to the song search feature, changes to audio output for video playback as well as visual changes for piano users. A new level has been added to Voice Knowledge path. Other small improvements to the app and bug fixes have also been done. If you want to find out more about the new songs added with this update, please read on.

New songs for Premium+ users
We've added new songs for Premium+ users! Some of the following songs have already been available on other instruments. Please note that content may vary based on your region.

Guitar:
  • The All-American Rejects: Gives You Hell
  • Maroon 5: Won't Go Home Without You
  • The Cardigans: Lovefool
  • Air Supply: All Out Of Love
Ukulele
  • Imagine Dragons: Thunder
  • Tim McGraw: Humble And Kind
  • Miley Cyrus: Malibu
  • Lynyrd Skynyrd: Sweet Home Alabama
Bass:
  • R.E.M.: It's The End Of The World (As We Know It)
  • Miley Cyrus: Malibu
Voice
  • Lupe Fiasco, Matthew Santos: Superstar
Piano
  • Imagine Dragons: Thunder
  • Lupe Fiasco, Matthew Santos: Superstar
  • The Alan Parsons Project: Eye In The Sky
  • Lynyrd Skynyrd: Sweet Home Alabama

New features and changes
  • Finding songs to play will be easier thanks to two features:
    1) With the new See more button in the Popular songs row on the Home screen you can discover a wider song list of Premium+ songs for your chosen instrument.
    2) Improved search function which enables you to find more relevant content based on your search.
  • Voice - The Voice syllabus now has a 3rd level in the Knowledge path.
  • Changes to video player audio output allows all of the audio to be heard through the same device with the same volume setting.
  • MIDI Piano users will see improved visualization of notes and feedback when using both hands.
  • Improvements have been made to guitar chord recognition in the early levels of the syllabus; slowly strummed chords are now correctly recognized by the app.

Bug fixes and technical improvements
  • Some piano songs had an incorrect key signature for left hand which has been fixed.
  • Issues which might have resulted in incorrect time tracking during Guided lessons have been fixed.
  • Song search will now show all the results based on the level filters entered.

We hope that you will enjoy the new songs and improvements we made with the new version of Yousician. Please leave your comments and feedback below. We would love to hear from you!

Keep on rocking!
Your Yousician team
Just sent this to support. Usually they come back to me quickly.

""
Ok, a few weeks that some users have to wait before they get access to "famous songs", is long long long gone.
What is keeping you, and how much discount will you give to users LIKE ME that still got nothing????????

""
By doomdog
rdteth, please excuse me if I'm butting in where I don't belong, but I had the same problem of not getting the popular songs. Here is the answer I got from support, and it did work:

Sorry for the inconvenience. There seems to be an issue with upgrade process which our team is currently working to fix. In the meantime, I suggest you go back to the upgrade page and select upgrade to Premium +.

The subscription screen on the website may tell you that they you will be charged for the upgrade. Since the current all instrument and the new Premium+ subscription are priced the same, upgrading from all to Premium+ will not be charged for the upgrade.

Again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

Once I went to the website and "upgraded" again, all the popular songs showed up. I hope this works for you. If you've already tried this and/or it still doesn't work, I apologize for wasting your time!
By johnslog000
Hi all,

I'm rather new to this forum, and using Yousician forums in general. I have a quick question:
After the recent update (I have an HP Notebook running Win10), I noticed that all of the songs that I had saved to "My Songs" or "My Favorites" are lacking any audio at all. However, the "Challenge" songs and such still have audio for me, as well as the songs that are used in the lessons (I play bass). I have a sneaking suspicion that this is because the songs that won't work are almost all, if not all, ones that were added via the song search before the availability for regular "Non-Premium" users was changed. Is this due to copyright reasons still, or because I do not have a Premium subscription?

Any Help would be very much appreciated. I have had Yousician for a while now, and in all honesty I am becoming more and more dis-enchanted with each new update that comes about. I understand needing some things to be monetized to maintain features, updates, etc. However, I feel the way it is being done is making the app more of a hindrance than is worth the time or effort.
Yousician update - version 2.51

Finally decided to see what the deal was with this[…]

Will we eventually do the same?

Searching music in the library...

It's possible that they might have changed the son[…]

agree and youtube can only solve parts of the iss[…]