Having difficulties with Yousician? Look here for help. Check the stickies first!
By MissPsyb
Hello there!

As of today, my Yousician launcher on PC has stopped working.

I've just signed up for a one-month subscription to test it out, and yesterday evening I spent 4 hours playing around on the software... before today I had no issues whatsoever. Today, when I sat down to actually play a little, the launcher simply stopped working completely.

It won't even launch that little window saying that Yousician is connecting to the internet. Nothing. When I click on the app, it does absolutely nothing. It's as if I hadn't clicked at all!

I just signed up for a month... and this isn't making things look good. It still works on the iPad, but I have no way of connecting my electric guitar on the iPad to use that instead. So I would like to understand why is it that all of a sudden my PC launcher is doing nothing at all.

I did follow the instructions on the FAQ, cleared up the folder as instructed, put Yousician to all exclusions on firewall and anti-virus (just in case, though it was working fine before without the need for it?), and still nothing. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, and still nothing.

I'm a little upset because I was actually seeing promise with me and the guitar, and that was why I decided to try premium for a month. And today, I'm disappointed.

Can you guys help me out, please?

Thank you very much.

Bianca
By MissPsyb
Oh just as an update.

I installed it on 2 other computers at home running Windows 10.

Still the same thing, won't launch at all... So I'm wondering if this is more of a Yousician Launcher issue than an isolated issue with me and my system...
By aj.turbo
HI,

Can you provide more details. Is Yousician able to open up and log in?
Are you getting a background but nothing seems to occur?

I've added this link .jpg on this post. Can you confirm which step you are failing at to log in? I recently failed between steps 3 and 4 and may be due to your recording device i.e Input device not plugged in before loading? If you haven't already tried, plug in all your cables to your instrument, test that it is able to record and then try to open Yousician.

Loading steps are below. Let us know which step you are not able to get past.
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~aaronnco/y ... g%20in.jpg

-Aaron
By MissPsyb
aj.turbo wrote:HI,

Can you provide more details. Is Yousician able to open up and log in?
Are you getting a background but nothing seems to occur?

I've added this link .jpg on this post. Can you confirm which step you are failing at to log in? I recently failed between steps 3 and 4 and may be due to your recording device i.e Input device not plugged in before loading? If you haven't already tried, plug in all your cables to your instrument, test that it is able to record and then try to open Yousician.

Loading steps are below. Let us know which step you are not able to get past.
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~aaronnco/y ... g%20in.jpg

-Aaron
Hey there, Aaron!

I'm not getting to any of those steps at all :D. Like, it won't open the small rectangular window where it says 'checking connection' at all. I click on Yousician, nothing happens. Like literally nothing happens, as if I hadn't really opened the software at all. Funny thing that I was actually working with it fine the night before, and then yesterday it began doing this. I've even done a test with antivirus off and windows firewall disabled, nothing. I've tried with a different Internet connection that wasn't my wifi, nothing. I tried to install it on other computers at home, that also have Windows 10 (thought maybe it was my computer?), nothing.

I'm going to check again tonight, I've already opened a ticket with them, but I just thought maybe someone was experiencing the same issues. I've followed the steps on the page where they talk about this issue, deleted the folder as instructed, still nothing happened. Even a brand new installation on a brand new computer that didn't have yousician before is doing the same thing.

I'm not sure how to explain it better than I'm doing, basically I'm not getting to any stages of the loading process at all. Like I double-click the app, and the windows cursor goes into a little circle for like one second and then nothing happens, nothing loads, as if I hadn't really tried to open the software at all.

Thank you for the support, by the way, it's appreciated!
By rogue_code
Can you check the Windows Event Log? Start, type in "Event Viewer" and click on the result. Look under Windows Logs->Application. If you can't find anything there, check System and Security as well.

Also, I realize you said you made AV exclude Yousician, but the behavior you're describing reminds me a lot of what happens with the AV where I work if you try to run an executable from the Downloads folder. Could you double check the exclusion and also review any logs your AV might have?
By MissPsyb
Hey there!

I'll have to check when I'm home. The AV exclusion was double-checked already, it's there.

The funny thing is that up to the night before I was playing without any issues whatsoever. Come the morning, and bam, it started.

Another thing: it's happening on different computers that don't have the same AV, as I installed it in two other laptops with different configurations / anti-viruses and it's also not working. One of them didn't even have an anti-virus (I know, crazy xD but it's my sister's laptop that she hasn't used in like forever, she prefers her tablets nowadays).

I'll check the event viewer at home and eventual anti-viruses logs... it's just a very weird thing all of a sudden.
By MissPsyb
I really wish mine were doing ANYTHING. At least I would have some idea of what was going on.

I will have to try what the other guys said here, and see what happens. What's weird to me though is that it was happening in three different laptops, not just on mine, with different anti-virus configuration.

My internet was working fine too, so this is a mystery to me, honestly!
By MissPsyb
Ok.

So.

Just like it stopped working, it now has started working again. *blinks*

Alrighty then! And I never got to figure out what was wrong to begin with :D

I would like to thank those of you that actually stepped in to try and help. It was a great first impression of the community!
Yousician update - version 3.1

I observed a bug in MACOS version. You cannot stop[…]

I installed the Yousician launcher on Windows 10 t[…]

After dropping out of Yousician subscription (scre[…]

Hi! Please contact our support team at support.you[…]